Best Slippers For Smelly Feet For Men And Women
While most people want slippers that keep their feet warm and cozy in cold weather, they don’t like slippers that make their feet actually sweat resulting in smelling feet.
Since sweaty feet can lead to smelly feet, you need to look for slippers that are made of breathable and good quality materials that will keep your feet dry and free of smell.
So, here is a look at some of the best slippers for smelly feet for men and women.
RockDove Women’s Two-Tone Memory Foam Slipper
This RockDove women’s memory foam slipper is made from a moisture-wicking knit upper made from a cotton/spandex blend that can keep your feet dry and odorless. They are also a good buy for anyone looking for easy to wash slippers that are cushioned as well as for people with arthritic feet or plantar fasciitis.
They have a rubber sole and a memory foam foot bed. In addition, they come in sizes 5-6 through 11-12 and your choice of dark gray/blue, gray/red, and red/blue.
Users find these clog style slippers to fit well, be comfortable and have a soft inside. They also like the fact that they can be machine washed and they dry quickly.
RockDove Men’s Moc Slipper with SILVADUR Anti-Odor Fabric
If you are looking for a fashionable and affordable anti-odor slipper for a teenager or a man, this RockDove moc slipper fits the bill perfectly. Made from a patented anti-odor fabric called SILVADUR, the garment finish is supposed to be using silver-ions to get rid of odor-producing bacteria.
This way, it eliminates unpleasant odor in your footwear and keeps your feet fresh for longer. This moccasin is also machine washable so you can easily clean sweat, stains, and dirt. It also features a breathable cotton upper and terry lining that is good in terms of moisture-wicking.
The insole is made from high-density memory foam and has minor arch support. When it comes to the outsole, it is anti-skid and sturdy. The elastic gores allow your feet to flex when stretching or moving.
Users love how comfy and plush these mocs are. They are also warm and a good fit but some users have found that they feel a bit narrow at first.
HomeIdeas Men’s Woolen Fabric Memory Foam Anti-Slip House Slippers
These HomeIdeas men’s slippers are clog style and made from woolen fabric that helps prevent your feet from perspiring.
They have a sturdy synthetic sole and are a good buy for people who are looking for a washable slipper that cushions their feet, helping relieve aching feet. They come in sizes small through X-large and in 4 masculine colors.
People who have bought this footwear review that it is comfortable, warm, and easy to put on and take off. They also like the non-slip sole.
Isotoner Women’s Classic Terry Clog Slipper
These Isotoner women’s slip-on slippers are made from a breathable cotton-blend textile, which is good for smelly feet, and an open heel that keeps air better circulated, which helps with odor in feet.
They also feature a rubber non-skid sole with a memory foam footbed and come in sizes small through X-large. Six different colors are available.
Users like that these clogs are flexible with nice cushioning and a firm sole as well as that they are easy to break-in.
If you are looking for a solution that is inexpensive and offers good arch support while helping to keep your feet dry, then these Isotoner clog slippers are worth purchasing.
Acorn Men’s Digby Gore Mule Slippers
Purchasing Acorn Digby Gore mules is a good idea if you are looking for a warm pair of sophisticated slippers that can be hand washed.
They consist of an Italian wool blend, fleece lining that wicks moisture away and a multi-layer memory foam footbed for arch and heel support. The TRP rubber sole is anti-skid, very lightweight and durable. These mules are easy to put on and take off, and come in sizes small, large, X-large as well as in several colors.
Users like that they slide on easily and that they are warm, comfy, and elegant looking.
HomeIdeas Women’s Woolen Fabric Memory Foam Anti-Slip House Slippers
These HomeIdeas women’s slippers are a good purchase if you want a breathable pair of slippers that are good quality and sell at a very affordable price making them an excellent value.
They feature a woolen fabric upper that helps to keep your feet dry and an anti-slip synthetic sole. They also have good ventilation. They are available in sizes small through X-large and your choice of light gray, navy blue, and wine.
Users review that they are comfortable and warm. They also like that they have hard soles and can be worn out of doors.
HomeIdeas Men’s Classic Memory Foam Plush House Slippers
If you are looking for a washable and breathable slipper at a great price, these HomeIdeas men’s slippers are a very good option.
They feature a breathable cotton/spandex blend and have the sole and vamp sewn using a side seam stitch that makes this footwear more durable. Additionally, they come in men’s sizes small through X-large and three colors: brown, gray and navy blue.
Users like that this footwear has an anti-slip grip and is comfy, plush and warm.
RockDove Women’s Two-Tone Memory Foam Slipper
This RockDove spring style slipper is made from 95% Cotton and 5% Spandex which is a breathable blend that can keep smelly feet free of smell. It is suitable for all seasons and has a traction sole that makes it suitable for short trips outside.
Another advantage is that it is lightweight and machine washable. It features a moisture-wicking waffle knit upper and a cotton inner that provides good breathability.
Users like that this product has some cushioning and that they can wear it without socks on. It also fits well and it is comfortable.
Finoceans Women’s/Men’s Coral Fleece House Slippers
If you are looking for a pair of warm slippers that still offer plenty of ventilation, then these Finoceans women’s and men’s slippers are a great price as well as washable.
They are made from coral fleece fabric with a high degree of ventilation and feature a sturdy anti-slip sole. They are available in women’s sizes 8.5-9.5 and men’s sizes 7-8 and 8.5-9 as well as a variety of colors.
Users say that this indoor/outdoor footwear washes well and is warm, comfortable and soft. They also like the durable soles.
HomeTop Women’s Fuzzy Knitted Memory Foam Slip On House Slippers
If you are looking for a nice looking and well made yet inexpensive slipper with a breathable knit upper and cozy lining that wicks away moisture for dry feet, then these HomeTop slippers are well worth the price.
They are also weightless, fluffy and beautifully designed with a rubber sole. They are available in 4 women´s sizes and 2 men´s sizes and you can choose among six colors.
Users like that they are cute and comfortable with good cushioning for sore feet. Finally, they can be worn out of doors for short periods of time.
CIOR Fantiny Women’s Cozy Memory Foam Spa Thong Slippers
If you are looking for home footwear that is soft on sore feet and moisture wicking for a reasonable price, then these cozy memory foam spa thong slippers may be worth purchasing.
They are made from fabric and coral velvet with soft lining, TRP soles and a memory foam footbed. They come in sizes small through X-large and your choice of colors between pink, gray, and black.
Users like that this product is soft, comfortable, cute and extremely wearable.
Why Do Slippers Smell?
Slippers pamper our feet and they are nice and cozy, but smelly slippers can be one of the most embarrassing things that can happen to our indoor foot life. The bad news is that bad smell can develop in your slippers even after some weeks of wear but the good news is that you can prevent stinky slippers with some useful tips and tricks.
Wondering what causes smelly feet slippers? One reason has to do with the materials they are made from. Synthetic materials are more prone to becoming a host of bad smell. Why? Because they don’t absorb moisture or sweat (contrary to natural materials such as cotton) but rather attract the oils of the sweat.
These oily substances sit on the fibers and attract bad-odor bacteria that thrive in this kind of environment. There is research showing that specific types of bacteria don’t like residing on cotton but love living on synthetic fibers (picky little fellows!)
Wearing slippers barefoot won’t help either, as the moisture or sweat coming from your feet meet no barrier so they get directly absorbed into your slipper. The more you wear them barefoot, the more smelly bacteria buildup you will get (gross but true, we know.)
One other reason for stinky house slippers is bad foot hygiene. Sometimes, just a shower won’t be enough. If your feet tend to sweat a lot, you may need to use anti-bacterial soap and a good deodorizing or antiperspirant spray. Pay careful attention to the health of your nails, too, as they may be a magnet for bacterial growth.
Besides, many times people complain about their slippers being too warm. Overly warm slippers can create more sweat and therefore bad smell in your footwear. In this case, choosing a pair that keeps your feet cool and dry is important.
How To Prevent Smelly Slippers
1) Choose natural breathable materials: Natural materials are breathable and moisture-wicking. They also attract bad-odor bacteria much less than their synthetic counterparts. Some examples of odor-resistant materials in slippers are cotton, natural wool, genuine leather, cork and more. Look for these materials especially if you have sweaty feet or hot feet.
2) Wear anti-odor socks: By the term ‘anti-odor’, we mean any pair of socks that are not made from synthetic materials such as polyester and are designed to wick away moisture and prevent bad smell. In this sense, cotton socks can also be anti-odor. Wearing a clean pair of socks every day after showering is also a good practice. Depending on your activity, you may need to change socks more often than once a day.
3) Allow your slippers time to ventilate: Any slipper that stays on your feet for long hours without properly ventilated may develop a bad smell especially when you use the same pair every day. In this case, having a second pair of slippers comes handy. Using each pair for 1-2 days alternately will keep both pairs aired out and smelling fresh. When one pair is resting, I like spraying its lining and the top (if it is fabric) with a citrus essential oil spray that has anti-bacterial properties and it is great for deodorizing.
4) Choose an open-toe style: Open-toe slippers prevent your feet from overheating and sweating which is a good measure to prevent or get rid of smelly slippers. For the same reason, an open-back style will be more ventilated than a bootie style. Also, avoid types of lining that are too warm for your feet.
5) Clean your slippers: Unfortunately, every slipper is not machine washable. Some can be hand washed while others including sheepskin slippers and orthotic slippers cannot be immersed in water. For slippers that can’t be washed, there are other ways to keep them clean. Read the cleaning instructions before buying.
6) Deodorize with baking soda balls: Not only can baking soda balls help stop your slippers from smelling but they can also prevent bad odor. It’s simple! Take a pair of socks you don’t use anymore and fill the toes with the baking soda. Tie the ends and push the bags into your slippers. Do this for some days till the inner is completely stink-free.
7) Practice good feet hygiene: Wash your feet with anti-bacterial cleanser or soap and dry them thoroughly. Don’t forget to clean between the toes. If necessary, you can use an antiperspirant spray. Take proper care of your nails, too.
All in all, if you are looking for a pair of breathable, moisture-wicking and anti-odor slippers that are comfortable and reasonably priced, then one of the best slippers for smelly feet for men and women in this review may be ideal.